Save Paper. Save the Planet!
The Cost of Paper
“The World wastes 400 million tons of paper every year.
Enough to cover all the Netherlands every five minutes”.
The ePUBLISH mission is to empower individuals, associations and businesses to instantly convert their paper publications into interactive, media rich ‘Digital’ Editions for instant viewing on PC, Mac, Tablets and Mobile.
Our Digital Editions successfully bridge the middle ground between digestible/focused but expensive paper productions and the endless pages of websites. Our unique technology enables clients to proactively distribute their printed publications – as-easy-to-read Digital Editions – by simply using the internet as transport to the user.
As true Digital Editions, rather than just animated web pages, we retain the original quality of the print publications and can encompass any form of rich media (sound, videos, animations etc). With an easy viewing format for reading in both Online, Offline and Mobile modes… Anywhere, Anytime.
Digital Editions, while not only allowing unlimited distribution and dramatic saving on your traditional print and postage costs, are also incredibly eco-friendly.
The eco-friendly reason to move into Digital Publishing….
Global use of paper has grown more than six-fold since 1950.
- One ton of uncoated virgin (non-recycled) printing/office paper uses 24 trees.
- One ton of paper = 400 reams = 200,000 sheets.
- So one tree makes only 16.67 reams of copy paper, being just 8,333 sheets of paper.
- Making paper uses more water per ton than any other product in the world.
- One ton of paper uses 2 barrels of oil, 28,000 litres of water and 4,100kw hours of electricity. Enough energy to power the average home for 5 months.
- One ton of paper requires the use of 98 tons of various resources and produces 2,278 lb of solid waste.
- In most western countries, paper accounts for up to 40 percent of all municipal solid waste.
- Pulp and paper is the 5th largest industrial consumer of energy in the world, using as much power to produce a ton of product as the iron and steel industry.
- One fifth of all wood harvested in the world ends up in paper.
Source: The Worldwatch Institute.